Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Important Updates for Martin Resorts Guests
At Martin Resorts, your health and safety come first. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the County of San Luis Obispo Health Department and will continue to implement their recommendations and requirements at each of our hotels. Below, get the most recent updates on how we are minimizing risk to you and our team members during this time.
While Martin Resorts hotels are open and welcoming guests, we realize that some of you may not be able to visit us at this time. Whenever you are ready to travel again, we will be ready for you. With your peace of mind as our priority, we have implemented flexible booking options and proactive health & safety measures so that when you are ready to get away, you can do so confidently.
Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibility
We are committed to offering you flexible booking options during these uncertain times and have made adjustments to cancellation policies so you can book confidently. All reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours before arrival date to avoid penalty. Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival will be charged the first night's room and tax upon cancellation. Please note: reservations at The Piccolo must be cancelled at least 48 hours before arrival date to avoid penality. All cancellation fees are waived for arrivals affected by COVID-19.
For bookings made through a travel agent or an online booking platform (Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly. For those with group or meeting bookings, our sales team will work with customers directly on a case by case basis to manage any changes needed.
If you need to make or adjust a reservation, please contact the hotel directly:
Keeping Our Hotels Clean and Safe
We have made enhancements to our disinfection protocols to ensure the health and safety of our employees and guests. Martin Resorts has always taken pride in the cleanliness of our hotels and guest rooms, and we know this is more important than ever right now. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional measures as recommended by global and local public health authorities:
- On top of our standard daily cleaning procedures, we have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms and high touch point areas after each stay (key cards, public area computers, elevator doors and buttons, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, television remote controls, and bathroom fixture handles.)
- We have heightened sanitizing attention to common areas such as the lobby.
- Face coverings are required in public spaces (including the lobby) as mandated by the State of California.
- POOLS: In accordance with the new policies mandated by local and state authorities, the pool has limited occupancy restrictions in place and reservations are required. Reservations can be made at check-in. Lounge chairs will be spaced six feet apart. Jacuzzis will remain closed until further notice. We appreciate your patience and respect as we do our best to navigate the new requirements.
- Grab & Go breakfast items are now offered at each hotel (excluding the Paso Robles Inn and The Piccolo).
- Mobile check-out is available via our SMS platform.
- Contactless payment options through the use of your mobile phone.
- Mobile key options available at the Paso Robles Inn and the Piccolo.
- Spa Avila is closed until further notice.
- Cattlemen's Lounge is closed until further notice.
- The Steakhouse is limited to outdoor seating in our gardens and patio.
- Oceanfront Yoga at Shore Cliff Hotel has been discontinued.
Keeping Our Teams Safe and Healthy
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our associates. This includes:
- Requiring face coverings.
- Maintaining clean hands by washing their hands properly and frequently. We ask that they use hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing workspaces.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep, and exercise) to help keep their immune system strong.
- If they are not feeling well or an immediate family member is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Importantly, if they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
As always, public health officials encourage each and every one of us to practice personal precautions like frequently washing hands, avoiding touching faces and shaking hands, and maintaining safe distances from others. We appreciate your participation in these efforts to keep yourself and others as safe as possible.
Your health and well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you choose to stay at a Martin Resorts hotel. If you have any other questions or concerns relating to this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us or your hotel directly.